Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Poised, Paralysed or Petrified?

Yes, I am here. I have always been here.

The seasons come and go. Everything changes, everything stays the same. The water flowed under the bridge, at some point the bridge washed away ... actually I think someone might have set fire to it, but it weren't me, 'onest Guv.

I confess to being the one who removed all the previous posts from this blog, though. They were so old, I thought it best to archive them away out of sight.

My mother has been in and out of hospital a few times over the past couple of years, I finished work in the Spring of 2010 mainly to stay home and help look after her, the house and the garden. Now she has decided that she is much better ... so much so, in fact, that she has decided to make a fresh start, put this house on the market and found herself somewhere to live back on the UK mainland.

For various reasons, I am not invited to move with her. People always seem to end up wanting to get rid of me ... though whether for some ghastly shortcomings in my own character, or because the radiance of my presence is so wonderfully magnificent that they simply cannot bear the competition of having me around (yeah, right) I couldn't say.

No, I have no idea what I shall do next, nor where I shall go, so there's no point in asking. I've no money, and no prospects. But my mother's new house won't be ready until next March, and the property (real estate) market here is awfully flat, so I imagine we'll be here for a while yet; and the maintenance of this house and garden keeps us both rather busy.

By coincidence, my old (original) email address - which I had from when I first went online in the mid 1990s - is finally being closed down today. It's been a strange feeling, going through all the email stored in there from the past few years, sorting out which ones to archive and keep before deleting the rest and logging out for the last time. I suppose one could liken it to moving house online. So many memories, from a time when I actually used to talk with people. I think I've almost forgotten how.

‘...they are going into the West and leaving us.’

5 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Welcome back. :)

I've always been reading. Was just thinking of you the other day though, wanted to drop you a letter. Haven't been able to get around to that though, been sorting my own life at the moment.

Will write you soon. You still can talk to me. :)

2:47 pm  
Blogger Mark said...

Thinking of you the other day also - hence my email.

It's not 'fair' that you are being kicked out of the nest (so to speak) but kind of understandable. And it looks liek a similar thing is happening to me.

As for prospects... You have none? I think you are deceiving yourself.

Much love, and emailing anon!

M

9:16 am  
Blogger Harvey said...

OMG, no wonder you did not reply my email. How do I get in contact...?

9:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been trying to get in touch with you the past couple years. Finally found this post that explains why the old email didn't work. Here's hoping you are still getting notifications from this blog.

Much love, even after all these years,
Mark

6:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺 , 同城裸聊平臺

1:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home